- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions or scallions (green part only)
- 2 teaspoons drained sweet pickle relish
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon Creole or whole-grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
Put the egg, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, green onions, and relish in a food processor or blender and process for 15 seconds. With the motor running, pour the oil through the feed tube in a slow steady stream. Add the cayenne, mustard, and salt and pulse once or twice to blend. Cover and let sit for 1 hour in the refrigerator before using. Best if used within 24 hours.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.