Tasso Maque Choux
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces tasso, diced
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 6 ears of sweet corn, scraped from the cob
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup peeled and seeded tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
In a large skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat, render the tasso for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the onions, corn, garlic and peppers and cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Season with the salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the corn is tender. Stir in the cream and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until the sauce coats the back of a spoon. Reseason with salt and pepper if needed. Stir in the parsley.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.