- 1/2 cup white tequila
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut up, at room temperature (1 stick)
- Essence, recipe follows
Combine the tequila, lime juice, shallots, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper in a saute pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce by half. Stir in the cream and simmer for 3 minutes. Whisk in the butter and remove from the heat. Continue whisking until all of the butter is incorporated. Serve immediately.
Remove the rellenos from the oven. Spoon 1/4 cup of the sauce on each plate and place the rellenos directly on top. Garnish with the tortilla strips and the cilantro sprigs. Sprinkle Essence on the rim.
Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Yield: 2/3 cup