- Kosher salt, for coating the glass rims
- 1 dozen oysters, freshly shucked, with their liquor
- 1 cup chilled fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 12 ounces tequila
Moisten the rims of 12 shot glasses with water, then dip each glass in kosher salt to coat the rims. Put an oyster into each shot glass.
Pour the tequila into a cocktail shaker with ice cubes and shake to chill the tequila. Add about 2 tablespoons of tequila to each of the shot glasses. Serve immediately.