- 8 ounces swordfish, cut into 1 ounce portions (about 1 by 1-inch squares)
- 8 sea scallops, about 1-ounce each
- 8 large shrimp
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked white pepper
- 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
Heirloom Tomato Salad, for serving, recipe follows
In a medium bowl, place the swordfish pieces, scallops and shrimp. Season with the salt and pepper. Add the remaining ingredients and toss to mix well. Let the ingredients marinate for 30 minutes, and then thread on 4 (12-inch) metal skewers. Start with a piece of swordfish, followed by a shrimp, next a scallop and repeat. Continue with the remaining 3 skewers, each should have 2 pieces of swordfish, 2 shrimp and 2 scallops.
Heat a grill to medium and lightly oil the grill grates. Place the skewers on the grill and cook for about 4 minutes, basting with the remaining marinade. Turn the kebabs over and cook on the second side for an additional 4 minutes, being sure to baste the seafood. Remove from the grill and serve immediately with Heirloom Tomato Salad.