Tomato and Fresh Cheese Curd Salad
- 3 cups watercress, well rinsed and tough stems removed
- 2 pounds large heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 cup thinly sliced spring onion, or red onions
- 8 ounces fresh cheese curd
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- French Bread Croutons
On a decorative platter, layer and arrange the watercress, then the tomatoes, and the onions. Sprinkle the cheese over the onions.
In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Gradually add the oil, whisking, until it emulsifies. Dress the salad with the vinaigrette, and top with the fresh parsley. Serve with French bread croutons.
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2001