- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup mixed wild mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 3 cups mushroom broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 truffles, shaved
- 2/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus 1/4 cup for garnish
- Salt and pepper
- 1 truffle to shave
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
In a saute pan, heat the olive oil. When the pan is smoking hot, saute the shallots, garlic and mushrooms. Cook for 1 minute. With a wooden spoon, stir in the rice and saute for 1 minute.
Add the mushroom broth 1/2 cup at a time. Add the cream, 1/2 cup at a time until all of the liquid is incorporated into the rice, stirring constantly, about 20 minutes. The rice is done when it is tender but still firm. Fold in the truffles and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer the risotto for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Spoon the risotto into a shallow bowl. Garnish with shaved truffles, cheese and chives.