Tuna Tartare with Spicy Mayonnaise, Mizuna, and Soy-Wasabi Vinaigrette
- Soy-Wasabi Vinaigrette:
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons wasabi powder
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons peanut or canola oil
- Spicy Tuna Tartare:
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons homemade mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons spicy chile paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 1 pound sushi-grade tuna, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 Haas avocado, peeled, seeded and chopped into 1/2-inch cubes, plus 1/2 peeled, seeded and cut into fourths, lengthwise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black peppers
- 5 cups mizuna or other bitter greens
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced green onion tops
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds, toasted, for garnish
In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, wasabi, mirin, rice wine vinegar and canola oil. Set aside while you prepare the tuna tartare.
In a medium bowl, combine shallots, mayonnaise, honey, chili paste, sesame oil, soy sauce and wasabi, and stir well to combine. Gently fold in tuna, the avocado cubes, and cucumber and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate while you prepare the plates.
In a medium bowl, toss the mizuna with the vinaigrette to coat. Divide the greens between 4 plates and place 1 avocado slice on each plate. Divide the tuna tartare between the 4 plates, atop the mizuna greens. Garnish each plate with green onions and sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.