- 4 veal cutlets (about 3 ounces each)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil , divided
- 2 shallot, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 ounces assorted mushrooms, sliced (recommended: cremini and button)
- 1 cup Marsala
- 1 cup veal stock
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley leaves
Sprinkle the veal with salt and pepper. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the 4 veal cutlets and cook until golden brown, about 1 minute per side. Transfer the veal to a plate.
Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the skillet. Add the shallot and garlic. Saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms and season with salt. Add the Marsala. Simmer until the Marsala reduces by half. Add the veal stock and parsley. Simmer 1 more minute. Return the veal to the skillet. Stir the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter into the sauce. Season the sauce with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve with buttered egg noodles.
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2006