Vegetable Quesadilla with Parsnip Puree, Caramelized Onion Marmalade, Cilantro Sour Cream
- Onion Marmalade:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup julienned yellow onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- For the quesadilla:
- 1/2 cup pureed parsnip
- 1 cup assorted julienne grilled vegetables (red onions, peppers, yellow squash, tomatoes, etc.)
- 1/2 cup grated Maytag white cheddar
- 8 flour tortillas
- Olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Maytag white cheddar
- 1/4 cup cilantro sour cream
For Onion Marmalade: In a saute pan, over high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onions and saute until caramelized, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic, parsley, and rice wine vinegar. Saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
For Vegetable Quesadilla: Spread 3 tablespoons parsnip puree on 1 tortilla, leaving a 1-inch border. Cover the puree with 1/4 cup of the vegetables. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons White Cheddar. Top with 1 tortilla.
In a saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. When the oil is smoking hot, carefully lay the quesadilla in the oil. Fry on 1 side until golden brown and flip over and finish cooking, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove and continue frying until all the quesadillas are fried. Additional oil may be need for frying.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay