Vegetable Quesadilla with Parsnip Puree, Caramelized Onion Marmalade, Cilantro Sour Cream
- Onion Marmalade:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup julienned yellow onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- For the quesadilla:
- 1/2 cup pureed parsnip
- 1 cup assorted julienne grilled vegetables (red onions, peppers, yellow squash, tomatoes, etc.)
- 1/2 cup grated Maytag white cheddar
- 8 flour tortillas
- Olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Maytag white cheddar
- 1/4 cup cilantro sour cream
For Onion Marmalade: In a saute pan, over high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onions and saute until caramelized, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic, parsley, and rice wine vinegar. Saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
For Vegetable Quesadilla: Spread 3 tablespoons parsnip puree on 1 tortilla, leaving a 1-inch border. Cover the puree with 1/4 cup of the vegetables. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons White Cheddar. Top with 1 tortilla.
In a saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. When the oil is smoking hot, carefully lay the quesadilla in the oil. Fry on 1 side until golden brown and flip over and finish cooking, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove and continue frying until all the quesadillas are fried. Additional oil may be need for frying.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller