Venison Loin with Sundried Cherries and Brie
- 6 -ounce piece of venison loin
- 1/4 cup sundried cherries
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil plus 1 tablespoon in all
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 pound bitter greens
- 2 tablespoon toasted cashews (1-ounce)
- 4 ounces brie, four 1-ounce pieces, cut in long thin slices
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped chervil-garnish
In a small saute pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season venison with salt and pepper. Place venison in the saute pan and sear for 5 minutes on each side and remove, allow to cool slightly. Meanwhile, in a bowl soak the cherries and shallots in the vinegar for 10 minutes. Add the remaining olive oil and mix well. Season with salt and pepper and sweeten with the honey. Carefully toss the bitter greens with some of the cherry vinaigrette. Divide the greens between two entree plates. Sprinkle both salads with cashews and position the brie on either side of the plate. Thinly slice the venison and place onto the salad plates. Sprinkle the plates with the chopped chervil.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.