Vodka Cured Red Snapper
- 1/3 cup vodka
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced habanero
- 1 pound red snapper fillets, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
In a bowl combine the vodka, orange juice, lime juice, bell pepper, onions, cilantro, garlic, and pepper.
Ten to fifteen minutes before serving, fold the fish and salt into the vodka cure. Divide the fish and any juices among 4 to 6 decorative bowls or glasses and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 2001