- 4 slices rye bread
- Emeril's Russian dressing, recipe follows
- 8 ounces thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- 8 ounces sliced baked ham
- 8 ounces sliced corned beef
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sauerkraut, as accompaniment
Preheat a waffle iron.
Place 2 slices of the bread on a flat work surface. Spread one side of each slice with the Emeril's Russian Dressing. On 1 slice of bread, stack half of the cheese, ham, and corned beef in layers. Top with the other slice of bread, dressing side down, and push together to form a sandwich.
Spread softened butter on both sides of the sandwich and place in the hot waffle iron. Cook until the sandwich is golden brown on the outside and the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Remove from the grill and cut into quarters. Serve immediately with the sauerkraut, and repeat with the remaining sandwich.
Emeril's Russian Dressing:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Emeril's Red Pepper Sauce, or other hot sauce
- Pinch sugar
In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and whisk until well blended. Adjust the seasoning to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Yield: about 1 1/2 cups