Warm Hearts of Palm and Crabmeat Salad with Avocado Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon powdered wasabi
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over for shells
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 (14-ounce) cans hearts of palm, drained and dried on paper towels
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Sift the flour into a small shallow bowl. Roll the hearts of palm in the flour and lightly coat. Heat the oil in a small skillet and when hot but not smoking, saute hearts of palm until crispy and golden brown, turning occasionally with tongs to ensure even browning, about 6 minutes. Remove the hearts of palm from the skillet and cut on the bias into 1/2-inch thick slices. Divide the slices between 6 salad plates and decoratively arrange. Top each arrangement of hearts of palm with a portion of the crabmeat and avocado salad, spooning some of the vinaigrette over the slices of hearts of palm and serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.