Watercress and Shoots Salad with Toasted Flax Seeds, Fresh Berries, Oka Cheese Croutons and Flax Seed Oil Vinaigrette
- 1/2 pound (about 7 cups) watercress and shoots (corn, beet, etc.), rinsed and spun dry
- 1/4 cup flax seeds, lightly toasted
- 2 small spring onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup blackberries or red raspberries
- 1/4 cup white raspberries
- 4 ounces Oka cheese, thinly sliced
- 8 slices French bread, about 1/4-inch thick
- 1/4 cup flax seed oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, seeds, onions, and berries.
Place the sliced bread on a baking sheet and lightly toast until golden on 1 side, about 6 minutes. Turn the slices and place the cheese on the soft sides. Return to the oven and toast until the cheese is melted and just bubbling, about 5 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss the salad with the dressing and divide among 4 salad plates. Place 2 cheese croutons on each plate, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve immediately.
Beverage Suggestion: Marynissen Estates Chardonnay Barrel Fermented ?A? 1999
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Butternut Squash and Watercress Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette, Watercress Salad with Dried Fruit and Almonds, Watercress Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette, Salad Dressing, Tuna Salad Recipes, Cheese Ball Recipes, Carrot Salad Recipes, Mushroom Salad Recipes, Roasted Beet Recipes