Watercress, Avocado and Mango Salad
- 1/2 cup pink grapefruit juice, reduced to 1/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 -ounces fresh watercress
- 1 cup diced fresh mango
- 1 Haas avocado, cut into 6 wedges
In a medium bowl, combine the cooled reduced grapefruit juice, honey, shallots, mustard and garlic and whisk to blend. While continuing to whisk, add the oil in a slow, steady drizzle until fully incorporated. Stir in the basil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
In a large salad bowl, combine the watercress, mango, and 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette. Season lightly with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Serve salad with grilled seafood, simple grilled fish, or chicken, drizzled with extra vinaigrette if desired.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.