White Bean and Corn Relish
- 1/2 pound white beans, soaked overnight and rinsed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup freshly shucked corn
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- Olive oil for cooking
- 1/2 cup small diced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons small diced red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Creole spice, recipe follows
- Four oysters in the shell
DirectionsEmeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Yield: 2/3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch, published by William Morrow, 1993.
In a small sauce pan cook the beans until tender: drain and rinse. Cooking time depends on how old the beans are. In a small saute pan cook the corn and the shallots in hot oil until tender, about 3 minutes. Season with creole spice. Set aside to cool. In a small bowl combine the cooled beans, cooled corn and shallots, cucumbers, peppers, thyme, vinegar and oil. Season highly with creole spice.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.