White Bean and Tuna Spread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 cup white beans, cooked until very tender
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 can ( 6 ounces ) oil-packed tuna
- Salt and pepper
- 10 croutons (large slices of toasted french bread)
- 10 small arugula leaves
- 10 strips of roasted red peppers
In a small skillet heat the oil, add the onion, and saute, stirring frequently, until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and sage, cook for 1 minute. Transfer to a food processor, add the white beans, lemon juice, tuna, and seasonings. Process until smooth. Spread on warm toast and garnish with arugula and pepper strips.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.