- 1 unbaked pie shell, in a fluted pan
- 1 cup grated White Cheddar cheese, plus one tablespoon
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon white truffle oil
- 1 small truffle
- Salt and white pepper
- Drizzle of truffle oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon brunoise red pepper
- 1 tablespoon brunoise yellow pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cover the bottom of the pie shell with cheese. In a mixing bowl, whisk the cream and eggs together. Whisk in the truffle oil. Shave the truffle paper-thin. Fold the truffle shavings into the egg mixture. Season the mixture with salt and white pepper and pour it into the pie crust.
Place the pie pan on a baking sheet and bake for 55 minutes at 350 degrees or until the center is set and golden. Remove from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Slice the quiche and place one slice in the center of a plate. Drizzle with truffle oil. Garnish with remaining cheese, parsley, and peppers.