- 1 (4 to 5 pound) red snapper, scaled, gills and fins removed, scored 1/8-inch deep
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 lime, zested
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped marjoram leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped thyme leaves
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 Vidalia onions, sliced
- 2 zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 1 head fennel, fronds removed and reserved, base sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped marjoram
- 1 tablespoon chiffonaded basil
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Place the fish along with all of the other ingredients except the salt into a large plastic bag and marinate 24 hours.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and heat a grill to medium high.
Remove the fish from the bag and sprinkle with the 2 tablespoons of the kosher salt. Grill the fish for 5 minutes on each side.
In a large bowl, toss together Vidalia onions, zucchini, fennel, marjoram, and basil. Drizzle with some olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Place the fish on a cookie sheet, cover with the reserved fennel fronds, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Surround with the vegetable mixture and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Serve on a large platter with extra-virgin olive oil and wedges of lemon.