Wild Mushroom and Oyster Stew
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 pound wild mushrooms, such as shiitake, oyster, morel, chanterelle, wiped clean, stems trimmed or removed, and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or sherry
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pint oysters, drained, liquor reserved
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Finely chopped chives, garnish
- Thinly sliced garlic toast, accompaniment
In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions, celery, and shallots, and cook, stirring, until soft, 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms and thyme, and cook, stirring, until the mushrooms are soft and give up their liquid but are not browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the wine and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring, until reduced by half. Add the cream and oyster liquor and cook, stirring, until slightly thickened. Add the lemon juice and oysters and cook until the oysters begin to curl, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the parsley and adjust the seasoning to taste.
Ladle into cream soup bowls and garnish with chopped chives and garlic toast. Serve hot.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Duck and Wild Mushroom Gumbo, Wild About You Salad: Wild Mushroom Salad with Thyme and Heart of Romaine, Wild Mushroom Turnovers with Romano Cheese, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Enchilada Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Mushroom Salad Recipes, Dinner Parties Recipes, Baked Chicken Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.