Yellow Curry Powder
- 3 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoons fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons white peppercorns
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground red pepper
Place all of the ingredients, except for the turmeric and ground red pepper in a saute pan, over medium heat. Cook until dark toasted, about 12 minutes. Remove and cool. Place the toasted ingredients in a spice grinder and process to powder consistency. Add the turmeric and red pepper. Mix well.
Recipe adapted from Introduction to Indian Cooking, by Julie Sahni: Ten Speed Press, 1998.