Emeril's Sausages and Peppers
- 1 pound Lugananeca sausage
- 1 pound broccoli rabe sausage
- 1 pound cervellata sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and sliced about 1/4-inch thick
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored, seeded and sliced about 1/4-inch thick
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded and sliced about 1/4-inch thick
- 1 large green bell pepper, cored, seeded and sliced about 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup white beans
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Marinara sauce, as needed
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, place the sausages and cook, stirring, until well browned, about 6 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Add the olive oil to the fat remaining in the pan and when hot, add the onions, bell peppers, white beans, oregano, salt and pepper, to taste. Top with a few cups marinara sauce and either reduce the heat to medium, and cook or place into the oven, stirring, until the vegetables are soft and slightly caramelized, about 15 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant and soft, 1 minute. Return the sausages to the pan and cook, stirring, until warmed through and well blended, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.