Endive Salad with Pears, Roquefort and Walnuts and Dijon Vinaigrette
- DIJON VINAIGRETTE:
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 -ounce red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced shallots
- 2 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 endives, center removed and julienned
- 2 pears, cored and cut into medium dice
- 3 ounces shelled walnuts
- 3 ounces crumbled Roquefort cheese
To prepare vinaigrette, whisk together mustard and vinegar until well incorporated, add shallots and while whisking constantly slowly add the olive oil until all is emulsified into the mustard. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside until needed. Combine the endives, pears, walnuts and Roquefort cheese in a medium bowl and toss. Place mixture in the middle of a plate and drizzle with vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.