Endive Spears Stuffed with Herbed Goat Cheese
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream, approximately
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary, or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme, or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large head endive, or 2 small heads
- Sweet paprika, optional
In a medium bowl, cream the goat cheese with the back of a kitchen spoon. Add the cream, rosemary, thyme, parsley, chives, and pepper and mix until smooth and creamy. Add more cream if the cheese is particularly thick. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Bring to room temperature before assembling.
Core the endive and separate into spears. Spoon the filling into 20 endive spears, filling each spear about halfway. Assemble on a plate and sprinkle with the paprika, if using. Cover and refrigerate.
Recipe courtesy of Kathy Gunst
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller