Ensalada de Napalitos: Cactus Shoot Salad
- 4 fresh cactus pads, or 1 pint jar cactus shoots
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 fresh green jalapeno, stems and ribs removed and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Begin by blanching cactus pads in salted boiling water until tender, for about 5 minutes; then shock in ice water.
In separate bowl mix garlic, oil and lime juice. Add all the other ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of Aaron Sanchez