Ensalada de Noche Buena (Christmas Eve)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- 2 beets, cooked and julienned
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced into wedges
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 2 bananas peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1 cup fresh pineapple cubes
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, orange juice, vinegar, salt, and cilantro. Set aside. Wash and dry lettuce leaves and then shred. Arrange the lettuce on the bottom of a glass bowl and then layer beets and fruit on top of lettuce, it can be mixed, although, doesn't have to be. Top with peanuts and pour the dressing over the salad.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.