Exotic Lamb Burgers
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup soft fresh goat's cheese (or cream cheese for kids)
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Roughly chopped fresh mint or cilantro for garnish
- Fine mince of hot jalapeno pepper if you wish
In a mixing bowl combine the ground lamb with the cinnamon and season to taste with salt and pepper. Saute a bit of the mixture to taste if seasoning is right or not.
Mix the goat's cheese with the chives.
Divide the lamb into 4 portions and shape each one into a patty. Press your thumb in the center to create a pocket in the burger. Take about a tablespoonful of the cheese mixture and set it in the indentation. Enclose the lamb patty around the cheese to enclose it completely. Either grill, broil or saute them for about 4 minutes a side.
Recipe Courtesy of �Michelle Urvater