EZ as 1-2-3-Alarm Turkey Chili
- 1 (29-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can chili beans ( pinto beans in chili sauce), not drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen sliced or chopped carrots
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn kernels
- 2 bell peppers (different colors), chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 to 3 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped, sauce reserved
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound raw lean ground turkey
Special equipment: crock pot
Combine all of the ingredients except the turkey and salt in a large bowl. Add 2 teaspoons of adobo sauce from the canned chipotle peppers. Mix to combine and coat all of the beans and veggies with sauce.
Put the turkey in the bottom of the crock pot and break it up into small chunks. Pour the chili mixture on top and mix.
Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours. Stir to distribute the turkey. Add salt, to taste.
PER SERVING (1/12th of recipe, about 1 cup): 176 calories, 3g fat, 765mg sodium, 23g carbs, 5.5g fiber, 6g sugars, 13g protein
Thank you! your flag was submitted.