Farfallini with Toasted Hazelnut and Herb Stuffing
- Total Time:
- 30 min
- 10 min
- 20 min
- 6 servings
- 1 cup shallots, minced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 pound farfallini, cooked and drained
- 3 tablespoons fresh tarragon, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chicken broth, as needed
- 1/4 cup buttered bread crumbs mixed with
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a small skillet cook the shallots in the butter over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden.
In a large bowl combine the shallot mixture, hazelnuts, farfallini, tarragon and chives. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer the mixture to a buttered gratin dish, add a little broth to moisten and top with bread crumb mixture. Drizzle with remaining butter. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until golden and just heated through.
Recipe courtesy of Michele Urvater