Farfallini with Toasted Hazelnut and Herb Stuffing
Recipe courtesy of Michele Urvater
- Total Time:
- 30 min
- 10 min
- 20 min
- 6 servings
- 1 cup shallots, minced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 pound farfallini, cooked and drained
- 3 tablespoons fresh tarragon, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chicken broth, as needed
- 1/4 cup buttered bread crumbs mixed with
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a small skillet cook the shallots in the butter over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden.
In a large bowl combine the shallot mixture, hazelnuts, farfallini, tarragon and chives. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer the mixture to a buttered gratin dish, add a little broth to moisten and top with bread crumb mixture. Drizzle with remaining butter. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until golden and just heated through.