- 2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup farro
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (divided)
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in ½-inch dice
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 3 cups seedless California grapes, rinsed and halved
- 1/2 cup chopped smoked almonds
- 1/2 chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine the broth, farro, herbes de Provence and ½ teaspoon of the salt in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and cook until farro is tender, about 45 to 50 minutes. Stir in the zucchini, cook 1 minute and drain. Transfer to a large bowl and add the chicken, grapes, almonds and parsley to the farro.
In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, zest, mustard, olive oil, pepper and remaining salt. Pour the lemon juice mixture over the farro salad and toss. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Calories 285; Protein 21 g; Carbohydrate 26 g; Fat 12 g; 37% Calories from Fat; Cholesterol 41 mg; Sodium 316 mg; Fiber 3.65 g.