Fennel, Endive and Frisee with Castelvetrano Olives, Shallots and Lemon
- 1/2 c. castelvetrano olives
- 2 heads frisee, base and core removed
- 2 heads endive, halved, core removed and sliced into thin strips lengthwise
- 1 small to medium fennel bulb, sliced thinly
- 1 small shallot, sliced thinly
- Lemon Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- Salt and black pepper
- Baguette, from your favorite bakery, for serving
- Lemon Vinaigrette:
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 2 T. lemon zest
- 3 T. olive oil
Gently crush olives between your palm and the countertop. Remove pits and tear olives into 2 to 3 pieces. Put frisee, endive, fennel, shallot and olives into a bowl and mix gently with Lemon Vinaigrette. Taste for seasoning, adding salt and pepper to taste.Lemon Vinaigrette:
Combine all ingredients in a dressing bottle or small bowl. Mix well before using.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.