Fettuccine with Broccoli
- 4 ounces olive oil
- 12 cloves garlic, peeled and coarsely minced
- 1 pound broccoli florets, washed and blanched
- 2 pounds fresh fettuccine, cooked al dente in boiling, salted water, rinsed and drained, recipe follows
- 12 ounces store-bought Mornay sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ounces freshly grated Romano
- Basic Pasta Recipe:
- 12 ounces semolina flour
- 12 ounces bread flour
- 1 tablespoons salt
- 8 ounces water, as needed
- 2 eggs
In a saute pan, heat oil and saute garlic. Add broccoli and toss together.
Add pasta to garlic and broccoli. Add Mornay sauce, season, to taste, and heat throughout.
Serve immediately garnished with cheese.Basic Pasta Recipe:
Mix dry ingredients in a mixer. Slowly add water and eggs. Mix for 10 minutes; the dough should be crumbly. Extrude pasta as desired.
Yield: 2 pounds (approximately 10 servings)
Recipe courtesy Chris Young