Fettuccine with Shrimp and Goat's Cheese
- 12 ounces dried fettuccine
- 6 ounces mild goat's cheese like Montrachet cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups seeded chopped ripe tomatoes
- 1/3 cup (packed) chiffonade of fresh basil
- Salt and dried red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 12 ounces uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- Slivered black oil cured olives, for garnish
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for about 10 minutes or until al dente.
In a large serving bowl, mix the goat's cheese, tomatoes and basil; season with salt and dried red pepper flakes
Meanwhile gently heat the olive oil; when warm add the garlic and shrimp and gently poach in the oil, for about 3 minutes or until shrimp are done.
Drain pasta and add to mixing bowl with tomatoes, cheese and basil; add the shrimp and oil and toss; adjust the seasoning and garnish with black olives.
Recipe Courtesy of Michele Urvater
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen