- 1/2 cup olive oil or 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 ounces fideo, vermicelli or angel hair pasta, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 3 - 4 dried or canned Morita or Chipotle chiles cut into
- 2 pounds Italian Roma tomatoes
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and
- 8 slices, for garnish
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves only, chopped, for garnish
In large saucepan or stockpot heat the oil or butter. Add pasta and saute until golden, stirring frequently and being careful not to burn. Stir in chiles and cook for 2 minutes longer. Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, garlic, onion, water and salt in a blender. Puree until smooth. Add tomato puree and stock to browned pasta. Cook over medium-low heat until the noodles soften and the flavors meld, about 15 minutes. Serve hot with the sliced avocado and cilantro as garnish.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.