Field Green Salad with Wildflower Honey and Blackberry Hazelnut Vinaigrette
- Wildflower Honey and Blackberry Hazelnut Vinaigrette:
- 1 tablespoon wildflower honey
- 1/4 cup blackberry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped chervil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup hazelnut oil
- 1/2 cup almond oil
- 1 pound baby field greens
- 1 cup edible wildflowers
To prepare the vinaigrette: in a small bowl, combine the honey, vinegar, shallots, herbs, salt, and pepper. Whisk together until well blended. Slowly whisk in the 2 oils until emulsified. Reserve.
In another bowl, combine the field greens and edible flowers. Season with salt and pepper. Lightly dress with the prepared vinaigrette. Mound onto chilled salad plates.
Recipe courtesy of Wolfgang Puck, 2002