Fiery Tubetti with Tuna and Black Olives
- 1 pound tubetti, or elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cans (7 ounces each) tuna packed in water
- 10 ounce package frozen petite peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons green olive paste or pesto
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, about 10 minutes.
Place olive oil, tuna, peas, lemon juice, olive paste and pepper flakes in a mixing bowl and mix well with a fork.
When pasta is cooked, drain it thoroughly and return it to the pot, off heat, add tuna mixture to the pot and toss to combine; cover the pot and let mixture sit for a minute to heat through. Season to taste with salt and more pepper flakes if you wish.
Recipe Courtesy of �Michelle Urvater