Filet Mignon Roast with Roasted Winter Vegetables
- 2 cups crimini mushroom, cleaned and stemmed
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes, halved
- 2 large parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 2 yams, peeled and chopped
- 1 pound mini carrots, well cleaned
- 2 bunches mini beets, scrubbed, tops trimmed and halved
- 2 red onions, quartered
- 1 head of garlic, cloves separated and peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (6-pound) whole beef tenderloin ( filet mignon)
- Kosher salt
Cook's Note: You can use any combination of the vegetables or whatever looks good at the market. You want about 1 1/2 cups of vegetables per person.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Vegetables: Add all the vegetables, the garlic, olive oil, rosemary salt and pepper, to taste, in single layers on 2 baking sheets. Toss until well coated. Roast until all the vegetables are golden brown and tender, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Keep warm until serving.
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
Roast: Combine the oil, mustard, garlic, rosemary and pepper in a small bowl. Coat the tenderloin with the mustard mixture. This can be done the day before and left in the refrigerator overnight. Just before roasting, season generously with salt, to taste. Set the tenderloin in a large roasting pan and put it in the center of the oven on the middle rack. Roast until an instant-read meat-thermometer registers 135 degrees F, about 20 minutes. Remove the roast from the oven to a cutting board. Allow it to rest for 10 minutes, tented with aluminum foil. Slice the meat and arrange on a serving platter. Serve alongside the warm roasted vegetables.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Pan Roasted Filet Mignon with Rum-Red Chile Sauce, Bleu Cheese Crusted Filet Mignon, Pan Roasted Filet Mignon with Asparagus Sea Bass with Roasted Cauliflower Puree, Roast Beef Recipes, London Broil Recipes, Vegetable Casserole, Asparagus, Cobb Salad Recipes, Easy Stir-Frying