Fire and Ice Peach and Jalapeno Soup Ice Bowls with Cotton Candy
- 3 cups peeled, pitted and diced peaches
- 1/2 cup peach schnapps
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 handful mint leaves
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed depending on desired heat
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Crystalline sugar, for garnish, optional
- Cotton candy, for garnish (can be found in the candy aisle of most grocery stores)
- Special equipment: shot glass ice tray (This tray freezes water to make ice shot glasses, or "ice bowls", and are available at most kitchen supply stores)
Fill a shot glass ice tray with water and freeze overnight.
Combine all the above ingredients in a blender and puree. Set in refrigerator for at least 1 hour to allow all the ingredients to meld. It also will help to keep your ice bowl from melting if your soup is extra chilled. On small plates add about 2 tablespoons of crystal sugar. Put the ice shot glasses on top of the sugar. Pour the soup into the shot glasses, garnish with cotton candy and serve.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Brooke Peterson, 2010