Flank Steak Tacos with Guacamole
- 1 (2 to 3-pound) flank steak
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 avocados
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 serrano pepper, minced with seeds
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro leaves, plus whole leaves for garnish
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt
- To Assemble:
- Corn tortillas
- 1 head romaine lettuce, coarsely shredded
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 white onion, diced
Put the steak in a nonreactive dish and pour over the tequila, lime juice and olive oil. Turn to coat. Add the chili powder, and use your hands to work it into the meat. Let stand about 1 hour.
Preheat the grill to high. Remove the steak from the marinade and season with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, turning once, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare.
Halve the avocados and scoop the flesh into a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and use a fork to mash to a chunky mix.
Remove the steak from the grill and rest 5 to 10 minutes. Slice across the grain. Heat the tortillas to soften. Fill the tortillas with steak, lettuce, tomato, onion and guacamole.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Bloody Mary Flank Steak, Grilled Flank Steak with Shallot and Red Wine Sauce, Red Wine Marinated Flank Steak Filled with Prosciutto, Fontina and Basil with Cabernet-Shallot Reduction, Beef Stew Recipes, Grilled Shrimp Recipes, Pepper Steak Recipes, Grilling Recipes, Lime, Barbecuing