Foie Gras Doufu
- 8 ounces foie gras
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 duck breast
- Light teriyaki sauce:
- 7 ounces dashi broth, recipe follows
- 1 ounce mirin
- 1/2 ounce light soy sauce
- 1/2 ounce regular soy sauce
- 1/2 ounce sugar
- 2 to 3 ounces cornstarch, mixed with water to make a slurry
- 2 teaspoons fresh wasabi
- Dashi broth:
- 1 (1 1/2-inch) piece kombu (dried kelp)
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup katsuo (dried bonito flake)
DirectionsLight teriyaki sauce:
In a small saute pan, sear the duck breast, skin side down for 4 minutes. Remove from the pan, let cool slightly, and slice thinly. Coat both sides of the duck slices with cornstarch.
In a saucepan, combine dashi broth, mirin, light soy sauce, soy sauce, and sugar and bring to boil. Using cooking chopsticks or tongs, lightly cook the duck breast in boiling teriyaki sauce, maybe 5 seconds per slice. Place 2 or 3 pieces of duck on top of each of the steamed foie gras dishes.Dashi broth:
Wipe the kombu with a damp cloth, then place in a saucepan with water. When the water comes to a boil remove kombu from water. Sprinkle in the bonito flakes and remove saucepan from heat. As soon as the bonito flakes start to sink, strain stock.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.