- 24 ounces cream
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- 1 tablespoon saffron steeped in 2 ounces white wine
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 leek washed, thinly sliced
- 4 baby fennel, cleaned, thinly sliced
- 4 cups baby greens
Bring the cream to a simmer in a large saucepan. Add the cauliflower and simmer until the cauliflower is tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Drain, reserving both the cauliflower and the cream. Chill the cream.
Place half the bay scallops, egg, Worcestershire, and hot pepper sauce in food processor and blend until all ingredients are incorporated. Add cream used for cooking cauliflower, steeped saffron and steeping liquid, and blend thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper.
Set up a bamboo stovetop steamer and heat over simmering water.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.