- 12 Kauai prawns, about 1 1/2 pounds, peeled
- Fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sambal
- Hawaiian sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Olive oil
- 1/2 fresh vanilla bean
- 2 tablespoons mango puree
- 1/4 cup grape seed oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 8 ounces fresh hearts of palm, peeled, diced and sauteed
- 1 Maui mango, peeled and diced
- 1/4 pound baby arugula, washed
- 1-ounce micro greens
- 12 edamame beans, blanched and shucked
- 1 tomato, peeled and diced
- 4 Kauai prawn heads, seasoned and fried
For the Dressing:
Split a vanilla bean lengthwise remove the seeds and put in a small bowl. Add the mango puree and start whisking in the grape seed oil and rice vinegar. Add the ginger, salt, and pepper.
Place a 3-inch ring mold in the center of each plate. Place about 2 ounces of the diced hearts of palm in the ring mold and press down. Next add about 3 to 4 tablespoons of diced mango, press down. Top with 5 pieces of the cut prawns seasoned side up. Place the arugula and micro greens in a bowl, add a little dressing, salt, pepper and toss together. Carefully remove the ring molds. Top each 1 with some of the greens. Pour some of the dressing around the plate and garnish with the edamame beans, diced tomatoes and 1 fried shrimp head for each plate.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.