- 2 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 8 3/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 10 1/2 ounces black and green olives, pitted
In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Add 1/2 cup olive oil, wine, and thyme to the bowl, and then stir to combine. Sift the flour and salt together, and then add to the yeast mixture, stirring to combine. Knead the dough until smooth, and then add the olives and combine. Cover the bowl, and let dough proof in a warm area until doubled in size, about 1 hour. Mold dough into desired shape (loaf, round, etc.) and allow to proof again.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Slice as desired and serve warm.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.