- 1 1/2 pounds albacore tuna fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon sweet relish
- 1/3 cup dried bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Vegetable oil
Finely chop the tuna with a chef's knife. Place tuna in a bowl and mix in lemon, onion, parsley, relish, bread crumbs and eggs until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Shape tuna mixture into 6 round patties. Brush both sides of tuna burgers with vegetable oil and season again with salt and pepper. Cook the tuna burgers in a non stick skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes each side until they are cooked through.
Serve on hamburger buns with whatever you fancy. Some suggestions are cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickles, mustard, ketchup and barbecue sauce.