- 3 large portobello mushrooms
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons favorite rub
- 1 pound ground round hamburger meat
- 1 pound hot pork sausage
- 1 1/2 cups chopped purple onions
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon ground thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoon horseradish minced
Preheat a grill.
Brush the outside of the mushrooms with olive oil and sprinkle all over with the rub.
In a saute pan, brown the burger and sausage meat. Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook until soft. Drain excess fat. Mix the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and add the drained meat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and mix well.
Spoon the mixture into mushrooms and grill until mushrooms are tender.
* Guest Recipe
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.