- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM(r)
- 1 teaspoon Six Pepper Spice, or mixed color peppercorns, plus more to taste
- Fruit Relish, recipe follows
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 jar grape leaves
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup strawberries, cleaned and hulled
- 1/4 cup fresh figs, cleaned and stemmed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey, plus more to taste
- Yogurt Dipping Sauce, if desired
Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the meat and the Six Pepper Spice to the skillet, and cook until desired degree of doneness. Add more pepper, as desired. Remove from heat.
In a medium bowl, combine the meat with the cooled Fruit Relish. Add the pine nuts, and stir until just combined.
Place the stuffed grape leaves in a steamer, and steam for 3 to 5 minutes, or until completely heated through.
Serve the steamed grapes leaves with the yogurt dipping sauce, if desired.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
- 1/4 cup dried mango, diced into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup dried papaya, diced into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup dried apple, diced into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup dried figs, diced into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup vinegar, plus more to taste
Combine all ingredients in a small non-reactive saucepan. Add 1/4 cup water, and cook over medium heat until fruit softens. Taste for seasoning, and add more vinegar, sugar, or water, as necessary. The relish should be dry. Remove from heat and let cool.
* Guest Recipe
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.