1. In a large deep skillet, saute 1/2 pound diced andouille sausage in 6 tablespoons butter for 3 minutes.
2. Season with salt and pepper and add 1 chopped onion, 3 chopped celery stalks and 1 tablespoon each chopped thyme and sage; cook 5 minutes, then add 4 cups sliced collard greens and let wilt.
3. Pour in 3 cups chicken broth. Simmer until step 5.
4. In a large bowl, mix 2 large eggs.
5. Add to the bowl 8 cups toasted white bread cubes, 6 cups crumbled cornbread and the hot broth mixture.
6. Gently toss the stuffing, then spread in a buttered 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Dot the top with butter or turkey pan drippings, cover and bake 30 minutes at 350. Uncover and bake until golden, 20 more minutes.
Photograph by Karl Juengel/Studio D
Recipe courtesy Food Network Magazine