- 1 slice whole wheat bread, crusts removed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 (6-ounce) jar oil-marinated artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, and chopped
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan (about 1 1/4 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 large eggs
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly butter or spray a 6-cup nonstick muffin tin.
Toast the bread slice until crisp. Cool and cut the toast into small pieces into a medium-size bowl and add the oregano, artichoke hearts, cheese, and parsley.
Heat the oil in a small skillet over medium heat, add the onion, garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes, and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir into the artichoke mixture.
Lightly beat the eggs in a small bowl until foamy, stir into the artichoke mixture; spoon a 1/4 cup of the mixture into each of the muffin cups. Cook until lightly puffed, golden, and just set in the center, about 17 to 20 minutes. Let cool on a rack for about 5 minutes, then remove the artichoke bites from the pan and serve warm.
Copyright 2004 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.