- 3/4 pound cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup milk or half-and-half
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 scallions (white and green), chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups drained jarred or thawed artichoke hearts, patted dry
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pinch cayenne
- Butter, as needed
- Assorted crackers
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a food processor, combine the cream cheese, milk, Parmesan, scallions, garlic, eggs, and lemon juice; pulse until smooth. Add the artichokes, salt, pepper, and cayenne, and pulse until just mixed, but still chunky. Transfer the mixture to a buttered, deep 4-cup casserole dish and bake until lightly browned and set, about 1 hour. Serve warm with crackers.
Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved